Thursday, August 18, 2016

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

Me Before You was not on my radar prior to the movie coming out and various book reviewers talking about it because of that.  I picked it up to see what the hype was all about.  I found it to be an enjoyable read.

Me Before You is the story of a woman who takes a job being a care taker for a quadriplegic who, prior to his accident, had been a very physical man with a high powdered job.  It doesn't start off in a promising fashion, but they eventually make friends (as you'd expect).  Rosie tries hard to convince Will there is something to live for still.

I thought Me Before You was very readable.  The only parts I didn't like in reading it were the few chapters from someone else's perspective.  I found them disruptive and unnecessary.  I didn't get as involved as I think a lot of readers did.  I didn't, for example, cry, which I've heard most people do.  I saw the end coming and was sad but also okay with it.

I don't know if I'll bother with the movie.  Most of the time, I don't enjoy the adaptation and I think I'll just let this one stay a book for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment