Sunday, September 11, 2016

Rebel by Amy Tintera

I ended up having a lot of reading time yesterday by not joining in on the scenic drive.  So, I knocked out Rebel.

Rebel is the sequel to Reboot.  Wren and Callum have found the community of reboots, but, of course, it's not paradise.  They have a leader who is...perhaps a little off the rails.  He's been building an army and plans to take out all the humans because, after all, the humans would kill the reboots first if they had a chance, no?  Wren has to decide where her moral compass points and, when she decides, will it be the same as Callum's?  We hear from both Callum and Wren in this book.  And they do have stuff to work out personally in addition to figuring out their places in the whole human/reboot world.

I enjoyed Rebel and found it fairly gripping, particularly at the end.  In fact, I had to get up at 3:45am this morning for my flight home from Colorado and yet I didn't turn the light out until 10:20 last night because I wanted to finish Rebel.  I generally find Amy Tintera to write solid enjoyable books.  I'll read what she's writes, but, at the same time, I don't think any of these books will ever join my favorite book list.  However, solid and enjoyable is nothing to sneeze about and I'd say check out her stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment