Friday, May 20, 2016

Enchanted by Alethea Kontis (DNF)

I really wanted to like Enchanted.  I often like remade fairy tales (Ella Enchanted is an old friend).  Thus, I picked it up.

Enchanted is the first of The Woodcutter Sisters series and is told from the point of view of Sunday, the 7th daughter in her family of colorful characters, and Rumbold, a prince under a curse when we first meet him.

There is a lot going on in this book.  Many, many fairy tales are addressed.  Much is happening with each Sunday and Rumbold.  I think, ultimately, that was part of the issue for me.  Things felt sort of cluttered.  Still, I didn't want to give up.  I wanted to like it, so I worked on it for days.  However, I found myself doing everything and anything but read and I finally gave up 40% of the way through.

I partially kept going with it because I thought I should be liking this book and that maybe I was just in a reading slump.  Once I gave up, though, last night and moved on to another book, I realized that wasn't the case.  I was very into that book and pretty much did nothing but read and sleep until I finished it this morning.  That review next.

No comments:

Post a Comment