Saturday, July 9, 2016

Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis (DNF)

This was another book I tried to listen to.  I started it after Truthwitch expired on me.  I did not get very far.

The premise of the story, at least as far as I got with it, is that a 16 year old (or so) and her mom are living in a dystopian future where water, along with most resources, is scarce.  They kill to defend their water as a matter of course.

I was right there on the premise.  I like this sort of thing, but I couldn't stand the girl.  She seemed to argue with her mom just to argue.  Sometimes she argued points of view that didn't agree with each other.  When I found myself rolling my eyes at just the thought of listening to more, I gave up.

I'm happy to report that I'm happily listening to a book I'm, thus far, at least, enjoying.  So, the next two reviews should be more upbeat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment