Saturday, July 9, 2016

Truthwitch by Susan Dennard (DNF)

I was listening to Truthwitch.  I thought it was okay, but not great.  My library loan ran out before I finished it.  I didn't bother renewing it because I just didn't care that much.

Truthwitch follows three main characters.  Two are thread sisters (magical sisters due to one saving the other's life) and one becomes a love interest of one of the thread sisters.  One sister is nobility, one is from a nomadic group.  The love interest is prince of a poor kingdom.  There's magic.  Really, I was mildly entertained, but not, clearly, enthralled.

I was kind of annoyed by the romantic part.  It was so clearly a he/she annoys me and I don't know why situation that went on past believably.  There was a side story of the nomadic girl with her tribe that, I'm sure, will be explored more later, but seems rather superfluous when it happened.  There is a thing that happens with magic - cleaving - that we're supposed to be very scared of, but that wasn't defined enough for me to worry.

So, I'm sure this book is fine.  As I said, I was listening along, not hating it or anything, but don't care enough to finish it, much less move on with the series.

(I did mention at the outset of this blog that I'm really picky and don't finish everything I start.  You were forewarned.)

No comments:

Post a Comment