Saturday, July 9, 2016

Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley (DNF)

I think I was not in the proper state of mind to enjoy this book.  I think it's possible I'd think it was a good read if I were.  However, I picked it up when I'd just finished Morning Star and was looking for something light and fun.  This isn't that.  It might develop into something feel good, but it starts with a teen boy identifying a body and the second chapter changes to a different person on mission in Ethiopia where we encounter yet more death.  While I'm sure these two story lines will converge, as happens in these sorts of books, I wasn't wanting to ride it out.  Also?  The guy on mission in Ethiopia?  I found him rather annoying.

So, yeah.  Not the book for me right now.  I moved on and found a much better fit for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment