Monday, July 25, 2016

Three DNFs in One Post

I had the sad experience of not finishing three books in a row that I picked up.  This does happen to me fairly frequently, but it's never fun.

The Yoga of Max's Discontent by Karan Bajaj just did not appeal to me from the outset.  I kind of flipped through to see if it was worth pushing on and opted out.

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi held me a little longer.  I tried with this one for a bit, but I just thought it was overdone and with the angst and the info dump about why we're in a distopia.  I also did not like all the crossed out stuff.  So...I moved on.

The third one I know a lot of people will disagree with me about not liking it, but there it is anyway.  A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas.  I just still don't like Feyre.  A lot of people said they liked the second book a lot more than the first, so I pushed through, thinking I'd enjoy the second one.  Maybe I would if I made myself get into it, but I read the first couple of chapters, still found Feyre not to my taste and despaired about reading such a long book about her again.  So, I'm calling it quits on that, too.  In fact, with this attempt, I've come to realize Sarah J. Maas just isn't the author for me.  It's a good thing to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment