Thursday, June 2, 2016

Books, Books, Books


I just got back from the library.  The library is very close.  By close, I mean across the street.  It is kitty-corner, so I have to cross two streets to get there, but yes, it's super close.  This particular branch of the library is small.  I do browse there some, but I do a lot of putting books on hold and then picking them up there.  The Multnomah County Library system is big and awesome.  Anyway.  I've actually been there twice today.  Once was to drop books off this morning, the other to pick some up after they opened.  The above five books were my haul.  That wouldn't be too bad.  After all, it's not super unusual for me to go through a book in one day, so this should last a week or so if I were to finish them all.  But, that's not all.  Here are the contents of a shelf in my closet:



And the overflow from that shelf:


And those don't even count the book I just started:


Seriously, I've got a problem.  I have all these books, but I keep putting more on hold.  This does tend to happen in waves with me.  Sometimes I'm scrounging for a book to read by searching books available now to download onto my Kindle.  Sometimes I go way overboard and have books to last for weeks.  This particular overstocking of books?  It might be one of my biggest yet.

To be fair to myself, I did just return four books today, so my overall increase is only one book.  Who am I kidding?  I'd better get reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment