Friday, June 17, 2016

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

I'm probably about the last reader of YA to read The Raven Boys.  I've seen it around, but have simply never picked it up.  Since watching booktubers, though, it's come to my attention in a new way.  Mostly, I've heard a lot about Blue Lilly, Lilly Blue that made me want to start the series, even though it's the third book.  So, as is my wont, I put a hold on it at the library, it came, and then sat on my shelf because, while I wanted to read it, it wasn't jumping off the shelf at me.  Now it's due.  With holds so I can't renew.  Okay, then, it's time to read it.

The Raven Boys follows four private school boys (where the school crest is a raven) and one townie girl who are searching for ley lines (roughly speaking on all this - it's a bit more complicated than that).  It starts with some supernatural and gets more involved in the supernatural.  I'll leave it at that.  Either you've read it and you know or that's plenty for getting started.

I thought the book was okay.  I found it very readable, but didn't get really swept away.  If I hadn't heard good things about Blue Lilly, Lilly Blue, I might not continue the series, but, as I have and found it okay, I probably will.  Now it's time to get that book back to the library!

No comments:

Post a Comment