Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Unexpeted Everything by Morgan Matson (DNF)

Sadly, I'm on a run of did not finishes.  I had really high hopes for Unexpected Everything, having heard many good things, but it was not for me.  Andie's plan (and she's the sort of girl who has one) for her summer and, thus, possibly, her whole life falls apart at the beginning of summer.  She starts scrambling to figure out a new one and...that's as far as I got.  I didn't really like Andie all that much.  She was okay, but not overly likable.  And she was such a teenager.  I know she's a teen.  I get that.  It's a YA novel.  But, goodness, the worries she has, the drive to go to parties and drink, her perspective on boyfriends.  It was just all too much teenager for me.

I'm willing to admit, at this point, that I'm in a bit of a reading funk.  After all, it's been three books in a row.  At some point, you have to wonder: am I the problem?  Maybe.  I don't know.  I also don't like the audio book I'm listening to that much, so...yeah.  I'll keep trying, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment