Saturday, June 25, 2016

Soulless by Gail Carriger (DNF)

I'm sad to say that this was my fourth did not finish book in a row.  Before writing the review on it, I started another book.  I figured if I started another and I didn't get into it, as well, then I'd really know it was me.  At that point, I wasn't sure what I'd do, but it might have involved not posting about Soulless, at least.

Here's the thing about Soulless:  I should like it.  There's a clever, spunky, unconventional main female character.  There's an interesting werewolf for a romantic lead (at least, it was looking that way when I left off).  However, I just didn't really care.  I didn't like Alexia all that much (she was okay).  I didn't like how when they were together, the point of view switched between Alexia and Lord Maccon (the werewolf).  There was something about the style of writing I can't pinpoint, but that didn't work for me.  I felt like I could push through and find the book to be okay, but I really, really want to read something that doesn't involve pushing through.  The other book I picked up is enjoyable without pushing through and I'm thrilled.  So, I'm done with Soulless and, hopefully, with my sad streak of did not finshes.

No comments:

Post a Comment